‘Lion Tracking’ provides an intimate look at the everyday life of these apex predators in their natural habitat. Participants will help track collared lions across the wilderness using a receiver and gather vital research information needed to monitor collared lions. In the event that the collared lions are inaccessible, other lion sightings are reported and the same identifying features such as whisker spots, ear tears, and nose sports are recorded.
Data collected goes straight to Ol Pejeta’s ecological monitoring unit and will help find solutions to the challenges facing Laikipia’s lions.
Drinking water, lion ID sheets, and pens will be provided. We would recommend that clients come with their cameras and binoculars. The vehicle seats 6 people and is not exclusively used
$ 91 Per Person
$ 46 Per Child
- 2 hour Lion tracking activity in Ol Pejeta.
- 2 hour use of vehicle( Shared)
- Bottle of water.
- Lion ID Sheets and Pen.
- Pick up and Drop off from your Lodge/ Camp (Inside Ol Pejeta Conservancy)
- Ol Pejeta Conservancy Fees.
- Pick up and Drop off from your Lodge/Camp (Outside Ol Pejeta Conservancy)
- Available daily between 6:30 – 8:30 and 15:30 – 17:30, lasts approximately 2 hours, and is subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Guests are required to remain in the vehicle at all times.