Changuu Island (known more commonly as Prison Island) was where slaves were detained and held until they were transported to places in the Middle East or Europe.
Later the island was transformed into a quarantine center where people with deadly diseases were left so that they wouldn’t spread their illnesses to the population.
Today, Prison Island is a nature reserve and a beautiful place to spend the day when you visit Stone Town, Zanzibar. The island is a popular day-trip destination from Stone Town.
|1 pax||2 pax||3 – 6 pax|
|USD 195||USD 111||USD 91|
- Pick up and drop off from your Hotel
- Experienced Professional Tour guide
- Snorkeling gear (life jacket, mask & flippers)
- All taxes, fuel surcharges, and service fees
- All entrance fees included